Saturday, June 6, 2009

GRRrrrr!!

I have wasted an enormous amount of time and energy over the last four days dealing with thieves. Someone brought stolen DVD's into the store to sell to us - we, trusting fools that we are, bought them. Over the next few days - police, other retail store owners, the person who claims the DVD's were stolen from them, myself and my employees have dealt with the fallout from this. This will cost me time and money - filling out reports, talking to the police & the other retailers involved, making new store policies about taking in merchandise, having the items confiscated as evidence and in tax dollars spent to cover the cost of police salaries and the running of the court system. I am angry and frustrated over having to deal with such a mess because the most frustrating part of all of this is that the thief got exactly $11.00 in cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment