Friday, October 16, 2009

What I Learned From the Wedding of the Century

So, my daughter got married last Sunday, I survived the ordeal and I'm here to tell you that throwing a wedding is probably right at the top of my list of "Holy Cow! Events"... In case you haven't had the pleasure yet, I thought I'd share some helpful tips about what I learned along the way.

1. No matter how organized you think you are, no matter how many lists you make, no matter how many meetings you have, emails you fire back and forth, phone calls you conference, books you read or advisors you have - you are going to forget stuff.

2. No matter how many times you say, "I will NEVER act like so-and-so's mom!" - yes, you will.

3. No matter how many times you say, "I will not pay that much for....." - yes, you will.

4. No matter how many fittings you go to - you will cry when you see your daughter in the dress.

5. Surround yourself with friends and family, keep smiling, ask for help, plead for help - and no matter what else you say no to - say a resounding, "yes!" - to the open bar.

6. PS - get an amazing photographer - you will be stunned at the stuff you miss!

At this point - you should all be feeling very sorry for me - and you should all run down to the bookstore and buy at least $10.00 worth of books to help me feel better.

1 comment:

  1. You all did an amazing job! We had a blast and can't wait for the other 2 to be thrown (years and year nad YEARS down the road!!)
    p.s. #2 made me LOL!

    ReplyDelete