Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Inspiration

I was walking this morning, trying to work off the ice cream I promised myself I wasn't going to eat anymore, and when I got over the guilt about that, (took about 10 seconds!) - I moved on to more important stuff.

I was, as usual trying to come up some interesting way to promote my business. I feel as though I can't just sit and do nothing, I'm sure someone younger, (half the population!) more energetic or with a better idea will come along and run me out of town on a rail. I worry that the economy will drive me into the dirt, or worse, my own ignorance will do it!

So, I read a lot of books about running a business, being more creative, thinking differently or working smarter. I subscribe to Blogs, get newsletters or email, I visit other businesses to see what they're doing better then me (that's a long list!) and I listen to my customers.

From that whole list the most important advice I get is from the customers - I love all the people who come to the store or use the website, you guys give the best advice and are the most help to maintaining the business. I answered the phone yesterday and a gentlemen with a wonderful Texas drawl told me that he'd been trying to order some books on my website but there was a problem that I should check into. Two minutes with my website tech and the problem was solved - but I might not have found it for days if it hadn't been for my customer.

Don't assume that we don't want to hear from you ~ WE DO! We want to know what you think about everything - the store, the books, the website, this Blog, the newsletter, our service - anything and everything - if you're willing to take a moment to share what you know - we're willing to hear it and try to make things better!

Speak Up! Speak Out! Share! We want to give you what you want most in a bookstore - you just have to tell us what it is!

Reply to this post by leaving a comment.
Send me an email: sellsubooks@gmail.com
Give us a call: 888-300-9548
Drop by the store! 904 John Marshall Hwy, Front Royal VA 22630

No comments:

Post a Comment