Sunday, November 1, 2009

Meet the Author

I attended an author event at our local library this week - it was... interesting. The library was using the event as a fundraiser. I love libraries, and feel like it's important to support my community (especially through books!) - but really, $75.00 per person? In this economy? Ouch!



It made me think though.... do authors want to do more or less of this type of event? Would they be willing to do book events (signings, discussions, workshops) at a used bookstore or is this sort of thing reserved for stores selling new books?



The better question though, - do our customers want to meet authors at our store?



Hit the comment button below and let me know what you want.

1 comment:

  1. I know the last time you did an Author "event" at the store, when you had David Clark, the customers seemed to like it.

    ReplyDelete