Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Circus Mode!

It's May!! You probably already knew that. But what you may not know  is that its Circus month for us! Every year near the end of May we make the trek to Hershey, PA to see Ringling Brothers. I'm so excited about this year, there are nine of us going this time - I had to rent a van! We've got Celebrity Seating - this means that we get to sit front row center, get our own personal clown ~ and...... we get to be IN the circus!! Does it get any better then that??

Heck no.

So, to get myself into the proper frame of mind to go to the Greatest Show on Earth I've been reading circus books. My favorite so far has to be Sara Gruen's Water for Elephants - if you haven't read this one yet, don't pass it up! It's a wonderful book - the ending is exactly what I wished for!

I also read Bruce Feilers Under the Big Top - his memoir of a season he spent with the circus and Modoc by Ralph Helfer - the true story of the greatest elephant that ever lived. I loved all of these... and if you're not lucky enough to be going to the circus you should at least enjoy some great circus titles!

No comments:

Post a Comment